http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/BLOG-274.jpg 612 1200 Reto VIVRI™ http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LOGO-01-e1411838950499.png Reto VIVRI™2016-09-28 12:47:592016-09-28 12:47:59Grilled salmon and zucchini with red pepper sauce
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup halved grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1¼ pounds wild-caught salmon fillet, skinned and cut crosswise into 4 portions
- 2 medium zucchini, or summer squash (or 1 of each), halved lengthwise
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium. Process almonds, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, paprika,¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth; set aside. Coat salmon and zucchini (and/or summer squash) on both sides with cooking spray, then sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill, turning once, until the salmon is just cooked through and the squash is soft and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the squash to a clean cutting board. When cool enough to handle, slice into ½-inch pieces. Toss in a bowl with half of the reserved sauce. Divide the squash among 4 plates along with a piece of salmon topped with some of the remaining sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.