Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2-4 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw shrimp (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic, and hot sauce (if using). Stir until well blended and set aside.
- Combine quinoa and 1 3/4 cups water in a pot. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, begin cooking shrimp: Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and onions. When shrimp begin to turn pink, add sauce and continue to cook, stirring frequently.
- When shrimp is cooked through, add quinoa, and stir until well combined. Top with a drizzle of soy sauce or a squeeze of lime.