http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BLOG-278.jpg 600 900 Reto VIVRI™ http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LOGO-01-e1411838950499.png Reto VIVRI™2016-10-11 15:42:022016-10-11 15:42:02Balsamic chicken and veggies
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar.
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders, or breasts.
- 2 heads broccoli.
- 1 cup baby carrots.
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large tray with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Trim the tenderloins of fat and undesired parts. Alternatively cut the breasts into small 1/4th-1/2th inch thick pieces.
- Place 1/3 cup of the balsamic in a large bag and add the chicken tenders. Coat and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Slice the baby carrots in half.
- Place broccoli + carrots on the prepared tray with the cherry tomatoes (like your tomatoes LESS roasted? Toss in after 5-10 minutes of the broccoli and carrots being cooked. Otherwise they are ultra tender!), Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder, and add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the veggies for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray and place the chicken tenders in the center. Brush 1/3 cup of the balsamic over the chicken.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 7-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken. Be careful to monitor the chicken so you don’t overcook it.
- Serve the chicken and veggies with the remaining Balsamic. Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired.