http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Ensalada-Quinoa-Arandanos-Naranja.jpg 470 1130 Reto VIVRI™ http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LOGO-01-e1411838950499.png Reto VIVRI™2018-12-18 13:05:002018-12-18 13:48:50Cranberry Quinoa Salad with Orange
- 1 cup quinoa.
- 2 cup water.
- 2 large leaves of kale.
- 2 cup fresh cranberries.
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil, extra-virgin.
- 1 tsp honey bee.
- 2 TBS grated orange zest.
- 6 small oranges.
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts.
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint.
- Rinse quinoa with water and strain.
- In a small pot, add quinoa and 2 cups water to boil.
- Once water is boiling, cover pot, reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the water is gone and quinoa is cooked, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat, remove lid and use a spoon to fluff up quinoa. Transfer quinoa to a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Wash, remove stems from kale. Finely chop kale and add to the quinoa.
- Add cranberries, olive oil and honey in a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop. You do not want it to be a puréed or turn to mush.
- When quinoa is cooled completely, gently stir in the oranges and cranberry mixture.
- Stir in orange zest in with the quinoa.
- Stir in nuts, pomegranate and mint.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.