Ingredients: (2 servings) (316 calories)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomato purée
- Herbs for garnish
- Slice zucchini into ribbons or spiral noodles. You can do this a few ways: a mandoline, a spiral peeler, or simply julienne cut the zucchini into noodle-like strips. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and leek. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato purée to the saucepan and mix.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens to your liking.
- Pour the leek marinara sauce over the zucchini and dig in! Garnish with the herbs. The warmth of the sauce will soften the zucchini.