https://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/BLOG-186.png 600 431 Reto VIVRI™ http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LOGO-01-e1411838950499.png Reto VIVRI™2015-08-18 13:50:132015-08-24 18:30:57Strawberry arugula quinoa salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 10 strawberries, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 cups of baby arugula greens
You can choose the vinaigrette you preffer, but we recommend this strawberry vinaigrette to intensify the strawberry flavor!!
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon stevia (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional, but do it!)
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. (If no package instructions, put 1 cup of uncooked quinoa into a saucepan with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes covered, then fluff with a fork.)
- Prepare the vinaigrette.
- When the quinoa is cooked, spread it out on a baking sheet to cool quickly.
- When the quinoa has cooled, place into a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette (don’t use all the vinaigrette, just a few, to taste). Then toss with the strawberries, almonds, green onions, mint, and arugula.
- Serve immediately.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut in half. In a small pot combine the strawberries, stevia, salt and water. Heat over medium heat until the strawberries begin to soften and release their juices. Use an immersion blender to mash the strawberries into a paste (you could also use a blender or food processor).
- Strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh seive and allow to cool. Combine the strawberry juices with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and poppy seeds. Taste and add a little salt and pepper if needed.
- Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks