https://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BLOG-210.png 500 374 Reto VIVRI™ http://retovivri.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LOGO-01-e1411838950499.png Reto VIVRI™2015-12-01 17:06:062015-12-01 17:07:13Grilled cauliflower and pesto
Ingredients: (356 calories) (4 servings)
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tesapoon ground dried chilli
- 800 g cannellini beans
- 25 g unsalted nuts (whatever kind you have)
- 3-4 sprigs of woody herbs, such as rosemary, thyme or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- To make the crispy onions, peel and thinly slice the onion into rings. Heat a good splash of oil in a pan and slowly fry the shallots for 15 minutes, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper to crisp up.
- Trim away the cauliflower stalk, then boil the cauliflower whole in a pan of salted water over a medium heat for 3 minutes, then drain and leave to cool.
- Next rub in the chilli, sea salt and black pepper, and drizzle with a little oil. Leave to one side.
- For the pesto, toast the nuts in a dry pan over a low heat until golden, then either bash with a pestle and mortar or blitz in a food processor until combined.
- Pick and add the herbs, and a pinch of salt and blitz or bash again until you have a thin paste. Season with lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Cook the cannellini beans according the package instructions. Mash and stir through 1 to 2 tablespoons of the pesto.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Quarter the cauliflower and char on the griddle for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden and charred.
- Divide the mash between four plates and top with a wedge of cauliflower, a drizzle of the herb oil and the crispy onions.